The National Society of the Colonial Dames of America – Congressional Essay Contest
Now in its 45th year, the National essay contest sponsored by the National Society of the Colonial Dames of America generously provides scholarships for students from across the United States to attend the Washington Workshops Congressional Seminar in Washington, DC!
2022 Essay Topic:
“Choose one of the five freedoms in the First Amendment to the United States Constitution and discuss why it should or should not be changed in today’s high-tech global society.”
- Participants must currently be in their sophomore, junior or senior year of high school during the time of the program.
- Essays are due by December 1, 2021
*Exceptions will only be made under extraordinary circumstances. For more information, rules and to submit your essay and application, please visit www.nscda.org.
Generous scholarship awards offered by the National Society of the Colonial Dames of America!
- Seven days in our nation’s capital
- Guest speakers on the Legislative Branch, Federal Government and the media
- Meet U.S. Senators and Representatives
- Visit the National Mall, Mount Vernon, The Pentagon, and the memorials and monuments of Washington, D.C.
About Workshops Foundation
Since 1967, the Workshops Foundation has provided experience-based educational travel programs to highly motivated, academically prepared, and inquisitive people from across the United States and around the world. The majority of our programs have brought students and educators to Washington, D.C. for a more comprehensive understanding of leadership, civic education, the federal government, U.S. politics, American history, and global affairs. Programs available include simulations of the U.S. Congress, internships, academically themed seminars, professional development, and person-to-person exchange.